http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ghosts And Clothing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Today, I was asked an interesting question... One that I had never really given much thought to, but now it's been asked I need to know!

Question: when you see a ghost, either in picture or with your eyes and the ghost appears to be wearing clothing, that matches closely to the time frame in which they were living - does that indicate they were the clothes the person was buried in? If not, how is the clothing represented determined - is it a favorite outfit of the person or something that person might have worn at a certain significant period in their life?

Food for thought - please share your thoughts on this topic!

Post subject: Re: Ghosts And Clothing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm 
SuperStar Poster

This is a great topic!

I have read that some people that see their deceased relatives tend to say that they saw the loved one in the clothes they were buried in. There are others that saw they say Grandpa in his military uniform. There is a famous paranormal picture of a family reunion, and a long lost brother wanted to be in the pic and he wore his baseball shirt while coming out of the lamp!

I am thinking of someone like Abraham Lincoln. When he passed away, he was in pajamas. When he was buried, he was in an appropriate burial suit. In life, he was tall, wore coattails, top hat, everything that made him his public persona. If he presented himself as an apparition, would he want us to see his PJs that he died in? The burial suit not many saw, or the magnificent politician that once was, who everybody knows?

But what does it depend on? His energy level? How long he has been deceased?

Thoughts?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans....
~~John Lennon~~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm 
SuperStar Poster

Okay...I am going to go off some old psychology notes here and formulate a theory and see what everyone thinks.

With residual spirits, people would want to be in the clothes that they would be most comfortable in, Abe Lincoln for example wanted to be known for his formal appearance so if he was to have a residual energy present, it would present with those clothes because it would be the most comfortable, for lack of a better term

In the cases of spirits that are haunting because of a sudden death, they present in the clothes they are wearing at the time of their death, because their spirit isn't sure what else to do

In the cases of evil spirits, since they are meaning harm they choose the form they want and so they choose the clothing they want.

Like I said this is only a theory, open to suggestion, comment, complaint, ridicule or anything else you want to throw in

Pretty soon life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go empty------Tallahassee

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 pm 
SuperStar Poster

I am thinking maybe it is the outfit that the person died in. But this is a very good question.. I mean you're right it's not like they have a Ghost Gap or something they can go pick up a pair of jeans.

WHO YA GONNA CALL???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

You know, this is something I honestly never thought about. I would think the clothes would either be what the person died in (if the death was abrupt/unexpected) or their favorite outfit. After all, spirits tend to haunt the places which represent high emotional points in their lives be it good or bad, so if this is possible, and spirits don't necessarily all haunt where they died, wouldn't it be possible that the clothes in which the present themselves would be somewhat of the same significance to them?

Well thats one mystery solved...

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]