http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mosier Valley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm 
SuperStar Poster

For those of us from the Mid-cities/Arlington area, driving Mosier Valley was a rite of passage. (Often stupid, but a rite of passage nonetheless!)
Many myths exist about the Mosier Valley area, including that of Screaming Bridge.
Mosier Valley has a very rich history. It housed one of the first, if not THE first, segregated school in the late 1800's. Some structures still remain in the areas that have not been paved over and industrialized.
I was doing some research to try to gather some stories for a special post, and in the process I encountered a young lady that graciously offered to allow me to speak with an elderly relative that still lives in the area. Apparently he has many tales of paranormal. I am very excited about the prospect of meeting this gentleman. Hopefully I can gather some great tales, as well as get more history, first hand!
I have many stories about the area.
In 1994, my good friend and I were driving down Greenbelt in a 1978 Oldsmobile Land Yacht. It was a clear night, no clouds or fog. We were on the straight stretch coming out of Arlington. We had the bright lights on. For those of you that are fortunate enough to remember these feats of engineering, you will remember that the brights on those cars could light four football fields. We had a very clear line of sight. Suddenly, a man appeared on the side of the road. He just came from nowhere. If he had been walking the road, or running in from the field, we would have seen him. He simply wasn't there, then he was. He looked right at us. He was a black man, maybe 30-ish, dressed in attire from the early 1900's. He looked very, very sad. I looked straight at him as we passed, and when I looked behind us, he was gone. My friend screamed for about twenty minutes, but I was left feeling sad for this man. What was keeping him here? Did he want to tell us something?
If any of you have good Mosier Valley stories, or any other stories of paranormal activity, please share!

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans....
~~John Lennon~~

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]