http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Jersey Devil
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm 
SuperStar Poster

Sorry guys, time has gotten away from me and it has been a rough week but I am back and ready with some new topics this week.

I have been trying to get caught up on my PTV, but nothing has really sparked my interest except Paranormal State. They did an episode on The Jersey Devil, a creature of legend that has been seen on-and-off for the past hundred years or so. It is said to be a bat/horse/human combination. Here is some more info: http://theshadowlands.net/jd.htm

Being from Texas, I have not heard of this so I was interested to see their research.

While I found the story itself to be interesting, I was skeptical when the investigators caught an image on FLIR that appeared to be a deer...with wings. My husband is a hunter and I asked him to look at the image and he said it looked either like a deer or perhaps could have been a horse. (Are there wild horses in the woods of NJ?) So, I took to Youtube to see if anyone had any evidence to debunk the image. I didn't find anything.

I want to know what you think. Here is the enhanced image:

Please leave a comment, and invite your friends to join in the discussion.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans....
~~John Lennon~~

Post subject: Re: The Jersey Devil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 am 
Regular Poster

The picture of the deer was very interesting. As far as the "wings" this can be reproduced by have an animal run for period of time and then film at night and you will see body heat and breath expelled and with winds the effect is that of wings.
They need to provide other photos when they investigated the area. There was other pictures taken.
Good way to prolong show contract and interest.

Re D. Webb Sr.
Sr. Anti-Gravity Scientist
I.S.T. Labs
"Follow The Data, Theory Be Damned!"

Post subject: Re: The Jersey Devil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:33 am 
Newbie Poster

The most accepted origin of the story as far as New Jerseyians are concerned started with Mother Leeds and is as follows: It was said that Mother Leeds had 12 children and after giving birth to her 12th child she stated that if she had another it would be the Devil. In 1735, Mother Leeds was in labor on a stormy night. Gathered around her were her friends. Mother Leeds was supposedly a witch and the child's father was the Devil himself. The child was born normal, but then changed form. It changed from a normal baby to a creature with hooves, a horse's head, bat wings and a forked tail. It growled and screamed, then killed the midwife before flying up the chimney. It circled the villages and headed toward the pines. In 1740, a clergy exorcised the demon for 100 years and it wasn't seen again until 1890. Reportedly in 1778, Commodore Stephen Decatur visited the Hanover Iron Works in the Barrens to test cannonballs at a firing range, where he allegedly witnessed a strange, pale white creature winging overhead. Using cannon fire, Decatur purportedly punctured the wing membrane of the creature, which continued flying – apparently unfazed – to the amazement of onlookers. The Jersey Devil is considered a nuetral creature.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]