http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:11 am 
Site Admin

A: Ghost hunting can be a rewarding field to persue, but you should know what your doing before jumping into it. There are good and bad things with ghost hunting just like any "job". Ghost hunting however, can be very bad if you have an 'attachment' follow you home from a hunt, this is something that is never normally a good thing and can cause great disruption in your normal life. Be sure you know how to handle yourself and your team members when ghost hunting, don't be uneducated! The TV shows are just that, made for TV, there is a lot more to know before you do it yourself!

Video Below : An interview with Chip Coffee (Professional Medium/Psychic and Author) on the realities and dangers of the paranormal. This is great Q&A general advice for anyone interested in ghost hunting or becoming a paranormal investigator.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 pm 
Regular Poster

So far I have not had anything dangerous happen personally, but I have seen others harmed, so I will be staying cautious. Hopefully others will head warning and know ghost hunting isn't a game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:56 am 
Newbie Poster

If there is audio/visual activity: Check the EMF (electro-magnetic field) levels in the area, using an EMF detector which can be bought at a hardware store or online, or if you know someone in the electrical field, maybe you can borrow one. You can also use a compass for this; the needle will move away from north around high EMF; just make sure the compass is level. High EMFs can cause hallucinations, headaches, nausea, feelings of being watched, and rashes. Some ways to remedy high EMFs are to make sure wires are shielded, or if caused by an electrical box, to make sure that is shielded. Things that typically give off EMF are: wiring, computers, refrigerators, TVs, radios, alarm clocks, lights, fans, some pipes, and other electronic devices. Also make sure it is not something else, like the motor of a fan whirring (I personally had this happen, and it explained some of the activity in my home. This sound can be quite creepy if you are half asleep and dont know what it is). Aslo check if sound carries through heating vents, etc. This can explain instances of hearing voices, as well as noise coming in through windows from outside.

------------------------------------
Leather Jackets leathershot.com
black leather pants for men black leather pants for men PMI-001 dumps PMI-001 dumps

Last edited by robin on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Very true Robin. I will have to try the compass, as I have not used that.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]