If it's been a while since you've visited the NTPRT forums, or if you just like to keep up on the latest posts, there are a few options that might make your visits a little easier! Note the ORANGE
highlights are the buttons being discussed!
* The 'SEARCH' button will of course allow you to search the forums for specific keywords to narrow your search.
* The 'UNREAD POSTS' button will display a listing of all posts on the forums that you have not read...
* The 'NEW POSTS' button will display a listing of all posts on the forums that are NEW to you since your last visit!
* The 'YOUR POSTS' button will display a listing of all the posts on this system that YOU have written!
* The 'UNANSWERED TOPICS' button will display any topic posting on this forum system that has not received any responses since it was written.
* The 'ACTIVE TOPICS' button displays the most popular active topics on the system at this time, based on views and responses. This will change regularly!
For those of you who want to be really involved and get notifications when your favorite topic(s) have posts, regardless of who they are from, you can 'SUBSCRIBE' to the topic - you must do this for any topic(s) you are interested in.
* Forum admins should be subscibed to ALL topics so they are notified when there are any new posts.
* Users on the system can choose the one(s) that interest them the most!
There is no easy way to subscribe to all topics at once, you must open each topic (not the posts themselves, just the main topics shown on the 'home' screen) and click the 'subscribe forum' button.
Topics are the listings that have a descriptive picture next to them, as shown in the example below:
If you were subscribed to this topic, anytime a post is made, you will receive an e-mail notification to let you know! This might be especially useful if you are looking to join the NTPRT Crew, you could subscribe the 'Job Openings At NTPRT.ORG' forum and be first notified on new job postings!!
I hope this helps make your navigation around the system a little easier!