http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Stanley Hotel
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:20 pm 
Newbie Poster

During a recent trip to Colorado we stayed two nights at the Historic Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. Upon arrival I was disappointed, I had envisioned a grand hotel nestled majestically in a valley of mountains. Well, seeing how there is a Safeway at the bottom of the hill and I could throw a stone and hit the houses behind, I was a little sad. Inside there were TONS of armature “ghost hunters” roaming the hallways with tape recorders, microphones, and camcorders. Most of these people were not even guest of the Hotel, and this went on until almost daybreak. We decided to go on the history and ghost tour and that was the saving grace of the experience. We learned a lot of history which is amazing and I can say that FO Stanley accomplished much in his life and would have been an amazing person to know.

We found out that the 4th floor (which is where we were staying) was where the children and nannies stayed back in the day. There have been stories of children roaming the halls and that their distant laughter, and their running feet could be heard in the hallways. There were also stories about candy, how candy has been known to attract the children of yesteryear. One of the stories was about a couple that had stayed two rooms down from us, they had taken taffy (which is supposed to be a favorite) and placed it in their closet and went down to dinner, when they returned the taffy was all unwrapped.

While we were in Denver we visited “Hammond’s Cadies”, a wonderful place with nice people. We grabbed several things and so I thought this was a beautiful opportunity to test the stories we had heard. I took several pieces of individually wrapped hard candies and placed a few on the dresser and a few on the window sill then placed the rest of the bag in the closet. We invited anyone to help themselves and that we would be back later. We were gone for a couple hours and to my surprise we came back and found a few pieces ripped open and a small piece broken off and lying on the dresser. The next day we left with a great personal story and a vow to go back in 9 years with the hope that the newer owners will due justice to a place that deserves to have the respect and the awe amazing experience it once did

Post subject: Re: The Stanley Hotel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 am 
SuperStar Poster

Wow! That's awesome! What a cool experience. :)

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans....
~~John Lennon~~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Update : NTPRT actually has an extended crew member staying at the Stanley this week, i'm hoping they bring back some good evidence for us to enjoy! More to come...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:28 am 
Newbie Poster

I am a new here ,look forward to make more friends here ,thank you. Coach Outlet Stores
Coach Bags
coach outlet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

The Stanley would be so neat at Halloween!!! Will have to look up if they do something special for Halloween.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]