http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:49 am 
Site Admin

NTPRT.ORG outsourced all of our investigative/case photos for reinvestigation in May 2009 to an independent 3rd party. Job #2006.06.03.1 has new findings previously missed, along with a few discards. Updates have been incorporated into the job write-up summary on the NTPRT Investigations page for this job.

[Job #2006.06.03.1 : Lake Mineral Wells SP]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 am 
Regular Poster

markg wrote:
NTPRT.ORG outsourced all of our investigative/case photos for reinvestigation in May 2009 to an independent 3rd party. Job #2006.06.03.1 has new findings previously missed, along with a few discards. Updates have been incorporated into the job write-up summary on the NTPRT Investigations page for this job.

[Job #2006.06.03.1 : Lake Mineral Wells SP]

Hey it sounds like a great case....

Just some things... You used a 2MP camera... which is known for its pixilization... It is hards to say what the Faces are inside the bricks and the trees... I could contribute this to matrixing.. (kinda like the face on mars)...

The orange light at the bottom of a picture looks simulare to when a finger or other object gets too close to the lens and flash... The flash can reflect the colors onto the film through the lens, particulary in dark photographs. Not saying what it is... only giving another possability...

The white object in the window is really hard to see on the first photograph. I agree that something is there, but I do not think it is a face per se. Its to dark to tell.

The last one is of the couple, again this is hard to enlarge from the 2mp camera... I do agree that something is in the window... but it could be balloons... I know you say that there was no balloons there that night, just hard to prove to otheres when they where not with you that night.

Suggestions if I may be so bold:

Digital Camera: I know these are great for the amount of pictures it can hold and its cheeper than film in the long run, but for investigating do not use a digital camera under 5MP. Try to use a camera where you can have a seperate flash element... The farther you can get your flash from the lens the better... I suggest a barrel style camera... if not a Digital SLR, the common point and click flashes are only ment for a range of 5-10 feet. my extrenal flash for my SLR has a range of 75 feet, much better for investigations... Also you want optical zoom, and make sure that when you get a camera it does not intripulate (sp I know is off) (make up pixels based on what the computer thinks is there) to count up its pixels... it use to be a more common practice 7 years ago than in todays digital cameras. If that is not an option consider the use of film

FILM: Yes the antique, the thing you have to send out to get developed (if you dont know how yourself). The truth about film is that it still produces a better picture than a digital camera. Using 400 speed film and a $190.00 film scanner I can get 7200X7200 DPI... if that is used on a 35 negative you are getting a MP rateing of (1.3inches x7200) 9360x6480 (.9 inchesx7200) or 60 MP.... even more if you use slide film which is ment to be enlarged to great sizes. Not to mention... with a negative you have an unaltered proof... (protect the negative) while a digital image can always be argued tampered... The other thing about film cameras (good slr) is that with a tripod they can take pictures in low light settings without a flash using 2-7 second time delays (I suggest using the wireless remote for this wont inadvertently touch the camera...

Just food for thought....

A whisper in the darkness is heard more than shouting off a mountaintop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:48 pm 
Newbie Poster

Spooky!! I have seen one like that before when I was younger!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]