http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Many legends and personal experiences of others have led to hundreds of stories of objects being/becoming haunted. Although the haunted object may change locations, like from a family to an antique store, to a new owner, the past history of the object may begin to become a horrible reality for the new owner. In some, but not all cases strange things begin happening when the object is brought into the new owner’s life.

So the question is: "Can an object actually become haunted and that haunted object bring hauntings into your home or business?"
Let's say you find an awesome new addition to your collection at a yard sale or an antique mall - you bring it home and shortly thereafter strange things begin to happen... strange noises, ghostly figures are seen, sickness comes out of no-where and more?? Is it actually possible that the object is haunted or cursed - and you, the lucky new owner gets the tail end of the deal??
In 2 of our cases, we worked with collectors of old items. Their homes were full of them collected from all over the world. After a while strange things began happening at both homes. Completely unrelated in nature, but in both cases bringing 'old valuables' into their homes was a common practice. With new additions coming in fairly regularly the homeowners had no idea what object is possibly haunted. One of our cases involved a doll collector who had odd occurrences (ghostly appearances that didn't occur in the beginning) a few years after living in the home... Another reported similar events including name calling when no one else was in the house. In both of the cases, the persons couldn't pin point when the strange occurrences began. Some may even say it's just a coincidence!

There are many haunted items out there, TV shows about them, stories about them - some bring good fortune, but many bring bad fortune... Have you or someone you know encountered this type of phenomena? What object and what happened around it? A good example of such an object would be "Robert The Doll" - a seemingly harmless doll from the early 1900s that has caused many odd things to occur over the years. [See 3rd Party Article].

It is my opinion that haunted/cursed objects do in fact exist and can bring potentially unwanted paranormal events to homes. Although it's not a common event in any way, it is very possible! Please share your thoughts on this topic!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Mark, this makes me think of that Benny doll I found at the antique mall!!! I will never forget the strange feeling that came over me when I found it, and the strange muddled talking that said help me? when we pulled its talk string, which we could never get it to repeat. I'm not sure if it is just because the doll was old and damaged, but i truly believe that object had some sort of entity attached to it and it was not pleasant!!!

Well thats one mystery solved...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Also, having read the article on "Robert the doll" and watching a video about it, I find it strange. Gene Otto's name was actually Robert Eugene Otto. It is reported that once when Gene's Mother(who was referred to by his legal name Robert at the time) scolded him, calling him by his first name Robert, to which her son replies, I'm not Robert, I'm Gene, he[the doll] is Robert. Here after his excuse for everything was "I didn't do it, Robert did". Strange how the doll took his given name. It is said that the servant who made the doll used Gene Otto's hair for the doll. Could Robert be a voodoo spirit doll? Another strange thing about this is that Robert's hair is now white. Hair does not typically change after it is cut from one's head... Very strange indeed. i would like to make a trip to Key West to visit Robert the doll to be honest.

Well thats one mystery solved...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

We just did a podcast on Robert the haunted doll. Sounds like a road trip :) Here is a video I found too....

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]