http://forums.ntprt.org

The Official Forums Of The North Texas Paranormal Research Team (NTPRT)

[Exit Back To NTPRT.ORG]

Home Page Home Page Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Baker Hotel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm 
Newbie Poster

I can safely say that The Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells is haunted. I went out last night with a couple of friends and we got in through the back and I promise you, after that, I will never be the same. We walked up behind the check in desk and to the right are the Elevators and behind there is a room that had a closed door with plenty of debris around it. We looked into the main lobby and saw an abandoned shoe, which was odd to me assuming there was glass everywhere and you could not walk without feet protection. We headed up the left staircase to the second floor balcony and immediately felt cold air. Now, there were no windows in that spot and the ones from the lobby are below and there was no explanation for this. We walked toward the middle of the balcony and saw a little hallway with four rooms and saw something in the back, but when approached we could find nothing. We were recording all of this with a video camera and lighting with our flashlights. We backed out of that area and went back toward the landing and looked down a hall which I'm guessing had the Mineral Baths. We heard some noise from down in the basement and the guys thought we should leave, I didn't want to, but I gave in. We got down and I had the guys shine the lights at me and catch me on camera with the lobby behind and later looking at the video we see a light object over my shoulder that we could not originally see with our eyes. From my understanding all of the elevators were supposed to be stopped on the first floor from the last time the power was on, but one was level, the middle was down in the basement and the third, near the right (looking at the lobby) stairwell, looked to be up and between floors. So weird. The door that was closed behind the elevators when we came in was open and weird noises came from the basement below us. We left, but I still want to go back again and go all the way up. Looking at the video later we saw all sorts of different lights and stuff that we didn't see with our eyes. Definitely believe in Ghosts now!

Post subject: Re: The Baker Hotel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

You are lucky you didn't get caught!! We have been out there just looking at the outside of the building and have had the Mineral Wells PD rolling up shortly after with us just walking the streets, no equipment even! I would like to see some of the video and photos though, very cool sounding! That hotel has a very rich past and with all the accounts of visitors saying something isn't right out there, they can't be wrong!

Keep us posted on what you find when you review your footage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

I can't wait to see some of your pictures and video footage!! I have been obsessed with the Baker Hotel ever since I first saw it!! Mark is right, sooo incredibly lucky you didn't get caught! I remember we just pulled up outside of it and were just looking up at it and just like Mark said Mineral Wells PD rolled up and asked us what we were doing and told us to move it along! :( I wish they still did guided tours or would let research groups in like they used to. Although I can understand to an extent why they do not the building is after all in a state of disrepair and can tend to be dangerous...although if they have us sign liability forms I don't foresee how that would be an issue.... I just want to go in so bad!! Maybe someday!

Well thats one mystery solved...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 pm 
Newbie Poster

I went back in last night and went all the way to the top. It's real easy to get in, just have to be really fast. 11-Midnight seems to be a good time to head in, during the week. We wore all black and had good shoes and just a few knifes. Stairways are very narrow and lots of debris. There are still mattresses upstairs and we found back packs and stuff, telling us that people actually live there. Someone has obviously figured out how to manually work the elevators...they were different than they were when we were there two weeks ago. In some of the ballrooms the ceilings are really starting to fall down and water is dripping from the pipes and different places. I'm not sure if someone has found a way to get water going, but there is some unexplainable stuff in there. I felt so much peace, it was almost unreal.

Attachments:
File comment: Looking out from the 14th Floor Ballroom, Bell Tower just above us.
14th looking out.jpg
14th looking out.jpg [ 73.05 KiB | Viewed 8333 times ]
File comment: Top of the iron Staircase in the Bell Tower.
Bell Tower.jpg
Bell Tower.jpg [ 72.64 KiB | Viewed 8333 times ]
File comment: Looking down the stairs across from the Ballroom from the 14th floor...darkness and a long way down.
14th looking down.jpg
14th looking down.jpg [ 48.67 KiB | Viewed 8333 times ]
File comment: 14th Floor Ballroom with the balcony.
14th Ballroom.jpg
14th Ballroom.jpg [ 62.38 KiB | Viewed 8333 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Very cool pix!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Wow those pictures are really neat! I love the one looking out over Mineral Wells from the roof...A view I can only hope to see for myself someday!!!

Well thats one mystery solved...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 pm 
SuperStar Poster

we so have to get in there!!!!

Thanks for posting!!

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans....
~~John Lennon~~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

What does Kampala have to do with the Baker??? I am lost?? Please explain??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Like I said, has NOTHING to do with the Baker.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]